Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Carpenter Bee rescue


I swim every day at the swimming pool on campus. As the summers approach the pool seems to be only getting more crowded. Somewhere around my 12th lap I swam into a big Carpenter Bee (quite like the one above). I assumed he'd already drowned by the time I caught sight of him. On my return lap though I saw his (or her) legs flailing around helplessly in the water. So I swam up to him (or her) and picked him up with my swimming goggles (which in case you were wondering, were in my hands and not on my face) and dropped him off on the side of the pool. A big heavy hairy bee that was.

Incidentally, the last sequence of my animated short for this sem takes place in the pool. I've spent a good portion of the day figuring out how I'm going to go about creating and animating the pool. I'll upload images from it as soon as I put them together. I'm not sure if this is going to get seen at all by many people, but I'm sure its for the best.

Music recommendation of the day: Through, by Edith Pijpers. I caught a few songs by her off the Zerophilia (2005, Microangelo Entertainment LLC & Scrambled Eggs Productions) Soundtrack. If you're into retro and have an inclination towards 80's music, you might just like this. She's got a touch of early Sinéad O'Connor, Heather Nova and Sarah MacLachlan in her voice and music. Worth a listen. She hasn't got a Wikipedia entry yet though.

I think this point size of text is much better. Its more readable. Readability wins.


No comments: