Sunday, June 17, 2007

Transition periods: ça me vexe


This is a double post of sorts. As the title suggests, and the image above supports, its about this new French artist Mademoiselle K and her (very nice) song titled "ça me vexe". Of course, it translates to "I am upset" (or something like that that).

This post is titled "Transition period", because thats exactly what this is for me. I'm on a sort of short holiday before diving into hectic house hunting and interviews with prospective clients. The plan as of now is to freelance in the city as a Graphic Designer and Animator. I'm in a way both wary and excited about this new phase.

Ça me vexe is a catchy number and it sounds interesting even though I can't understand a word of the language. I think I'm missing out on the lyrical quality of the song, but the fluidity of the language compensates in a way. I also think the video played a part in getting me hooked onto this song. There's just something intriguing about a cool guitar toting front lady with a close cropped hairdo I guess.

No comments: